December 13, 2012

STEAMPUNK MONKEY #8

The idea for this starts with a story I tried to write about a thieving monkey who took keys and used them to unlock its cage. That was it. The story was called BRIGHT FLASH THE MONKEY’S PAWS. It was my third or fourth attempt at writing a picture book – and it was really bad. With the advent of the genre of steampunk, I started rethinking the story. Here it is – OK, just realized that I wrote something entirely different for #5 than I thought I did. So…this is going to be where the story SHOULD have gone. If you don’t mind, ignore #6 above!

…then jumped from the tub and ran after the steam powered monkey.

The monkey ran down the street and turned a corner. “You come back!” Clementine cried.

She ran after the monkey. When she turned the corner, a flock of pigeons leaped into the air. Feathers flew everywhere!

Clementine did not sneeze, and did not sneeze, and did not sneeze. She was way too mad!

No comments: