September 25, 2010

AND NOW, A MESSAGE FROM OUR SPONSOR…

My new job has had an impact on me in unexpected ways (please note I did NOT say, “My new job has impacted me in unexpected ways.” This is a ridiculous grammar mistake that has taken the media, church staff and high-powered business presenters by storm. It’s WRONG. “impacted” is adjective, NOT a verb!) Where I could often hand-write an essay in class during quizzes, tests, movies or prep time and post it later, that is NOT the case this year. The biggest difference between being a guidance counselor and a classroom teacher is that the latter runs on a predictable timetable, the former does NOT. I am therefore skipping last Thursday’s posting A SHORT LONG JOURNEY NORTH 16 and this weekend I will be writing next Thursday’s post, THE RECONSTRUCTION OF MAI LI HASTINGS 16 as well as my regularly scheduled SLICE OF PIE:…

1 comment:

Michael Fox said...

"Impacted" is an adjective, I wish I'd known that before. Proper grammar is always a good thing to write sentences with.