August 23, 2011

IDEAS ON TUESDAYS 26: The Zombie Researcher

Each Tuesday, rather than a POSSIBLY IRRITATING ESSAY, I'd like to both challenge you and lend a helping hand. I generate more speculative and teen story ideas than I can ever use. My family rolls its collective eyes when I say, "Hang on a second! I just have to write down this idea..." Here, I'll include the initial inspiration (quote, website, podcast, etc) and then a thought or two that came to mind. These will simply be seeds -- plant, nurture, fertilize, chemically treat, irradiate, test or stress them as you see fit. I only ask if you let me know if anything comes of them.

H Trope: zombies

Current Event: http://www.abc.net.au/science/articles/2004/12/09/1260445.htm

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2011/05/18/cdc-warns-public-prepare-zombie-apocalypse/

I am going to write a short story or novel called ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE STILL LIFE WITH LILIES – this has given me an impetus to do it!

But what if it happened at YOUR school?

Doesn’t matter if it was in the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s or even 1os – what if a kid you knew, maybe his or her dad is a chemist and they’ve picked up a thing or two from Dad…

On vacation at the Hotel Florita, Jacmel, Haiti, they sneak out to the countryside and having done a bit of internet research (using this very article as a reference!), manage to get the chemicals.

On their return, they practice in the old playhouse – on a mouse; then a guinea pig; a cat; Chihuahua; a lab; a St. Bernard; a homeless kid…finally on their least favorite school enemy.

But not everything goes as planned and working with the chemicals have left residue on the hands, clothes and skin of the zombie researcher…

Image: http://zombieinformationcenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/zombie-apocalypse-300x225.jpg

No comments: