June 30, 2015

IDEAS ON TUESDAYS 213


http://www.pinbollywood.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/13675711525abec-520x212.jpg
Each Tuesday, rather than a POSSIBLY IRRITATING ESSAY, I'd like to both challenge you and lend a helping hand. I generate more speculative and teen story ideas than I can ever use. My family rolls its collective eyes when I say, "Hang on a second! I just have to write down this idea..." Here, I'll include the initial inspiration (quote, website, podcast, etc) and then a thought or two that came to mind. These will simply be seeds -- plant, nurture, fertilize, chemically treat, irradiate, test or stress them as you see fit. I only ask if you let me know if anything comes of them.

F Trope: good vs evil If you’ve never read THE DARK IS RISING series by Susan Cooper – you should!
Current Event: http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/12/politics/ukraine-russia-sanctions-us-eu/

But this is just an idea day, so read the article above about the possibility of Vladimir Putin reassembling the old USSR out of its original annexed nations.

What if he was training a group of teens and then lost control of them to the demon Blud, who sows disorientation – chaos – wherever he goes… and a group of them met at an abandoned “reeducation camp” east of Moscow…to discover they were avatars of Perun, Morana, Triglav, and Belobog…and didn’t particularly WANT the Union to pull back together? What if they set out to stop Vladimir Putin, who, by all accounts is a devout Christian (http://hollowverse.com/vladimir-putin/)...

Names: All Russian or Polish... 

No comments: